THE AMAZING VALLEE BLANCHE
The Vallée Blanche is above all a magical setting in the heart of the snow-capped peaks of Chamonix! It is an exceptional off-piste skiing descent of more than 20 km in the middle of the Mont-Blanc massif. If you are a good skier and comfortable on all types of snow or terrain, go for it!
If you lack a little practice, we offer you a half-day option with an instructor beforehand which allows you to go on this adventure in full confidence.
- Details about the Vallée Blanche
- Which level to do the Vallee Blanche?
You can find all the information on this blog
If you are not sure of your level, we recommend that you take the "1/2 day validate my level" session, which will be offered as an option once your choice has been validated. It will allow you to do the Vallée Blanche afterwards in complete safety with maximum pleasure.
- Duration: 1 day
- Meeting point: Ski Set Aiguille du Midi sports shop.
- Program of the day in detail:
🏬 Meet at 8:00 a.m. with your guide at the Ski Set Aiguille du Midi sports shop.
🚠 Take the Aiguille du Midi cable car to reach the summit at 3842 meters.
💬 Equipment and technical briefing before departure : you put on your crampons and prepare for the descent of the Aiguille du Midi ridge
(Attention, please look at the photo at the bottom of the page, the passage of the ridge can be complicated for people prone to vertigo)
🏔️ Descent of the Vallée Blanche on skis or snowboard (mix of the 2 disciplines possible). This descent can take between 2 and 5 hours, depending on the snow conditions, the weather and your level. The guide will choose the best route based on all these parameters.
⛷️ Return to Chamonix on skis if the snow conditions allow it or come back down to Chamonix with the Montenvers train.
(Note: to reach the departure station of the train, you must climb around 500 stairs and reach the top by gondola)
Period: From mid-January to the end of April (depending on snow conditions).
Join a Group from 4 to 6 people
130 € / person
Private guide from 1 to 4 people
420 € / guide
Aiguille du Midi cable car
In front of "Vertical café"
At the bottom of the Aiguille du Midi cable car, in front of the Vertical café which is inside the building.
Aiguille du Midi cable car
In front of Vertical café
Au pied du téléphérique de l'Aiguille du Midi : en face du Vertical café qui se situe dans le bâtiment du téléphérique.
- To be validated, a group must consist of a minimum of 4 people to a maximum of 6 people per guide.
- If the guide makes the decision to cancel (weather conditions, snow cover, cable car closure...), another option will be offered to you.
- If the day of your outing the guide considers your level insufficient and a descent by ski lift must be organised, no refund of the service can be considered.
- Please consult our General Conditions of Sale to find out about our cancellation policy.
Insurance: Insurance is strongly recommended. There are 2 types of individual insurance to which you can subscribe when finalising your reservation (or in our offices).
- This insurance covers you in the event of illness or accident preventing you from participating in your sporting activity (this must be certified by a doctor).
- All COVID related causes are excluded.
2. Assurski in case of an accident:
- Assurski covers you for up to €25,000 for rescue costs in the event of a skiing accident (including off-piste) and all other snow sports.
- No advance payment required for rescue services, including medical repatriation.
- Lift pass refunded up to the value of 200€
- Ski lessons refunded up to the value of 400€
Reviews from our customers
I used Evo2 to ski Vallee Blanche. They ensured my request for a very small group was met and our guide Jacques was both attentive and informative. Evo2 staff was helpful and communicative. I would use them again without second thought
We had a great day on the Vallée Blanche with Evolution 2. Small groups, real guides, very competent. I would do it again and again if I could! It was the best ski run of my life!