The legendary and not-to-be-missed off-piste glacier route of Chamonix !
Without being an expert, you are a good skier and you are comfortable on all types of snow and terrain ? Then it is impossible for you to leave Chamonix without having skied down the famous "Vallée Blanche". This off-piste ski route, immersed in a magical scenery, will leave you with memories to last a lifetime !
Who can do the "Vallée Blanche" ?
For those who are able to ski off-piste, without necessarily being an expert.
If you are not sure about your ski level, we advise you to do the "Vallée Blanche Clinic" course beforehand. It is a 4h off-piste session with a ski instructor. He will then be able to assess if you have the suitable ski level for this run. You will find all the information about that course and bookings on this page.
- Meet up at 8h00 with your mountain guide at the "Ski set Aiguille du Midi" sports store.
- Go up the "Aiguille du Midi" cable car to reach to the top at 3842 meters of altitude.
- Equipment and technical briefing before departing for our journey.
- Get your crampons on and get ready for the descent down the "Aiguille du Midi" ridge.
(Careful, Please look at and study the photo at the bottom of this page, the ridge passage can be difficult for people who are afraid of heights)
- Descent of the "Vallée Blanche" by ski or snowboard (Both sports disciplines are possible for this run). This ski run can take between 2 and 5 hours, depending on the snow conditions, weather conditions and your ski level. Your mountain guide will choose the best route down based on all these factors combined.
- Arrival in Chamonix by ski if the snow conditions are suitable, or arrival at the "Montenvers" train station. (Careful : to reach the departure of the train station we must climb up a staircase of about 500 stairs, then we take a cable car).
When : Only from mid-January to the end of April (depending on snow conditions).